TechSmith Celebrates Release of Snagit on Mac With 100,000 Beta Testers
World’s Leading Screen Capture Solution Now Available for Mac Platform
OKEMOS, Mich. – November 9, 2010 – TechSmith Corp., the world’s leading provider of screen capture and screen recording software, today announced the release of Snagit on the Mac, thanks in part to input from more than 100,000 public beta testers.
The Snagit on Mac public beta first released in December 2009 and quickly expanded to more than 100,000 users validating, testing and providing feedback. As a result, Snagit on Mac was designed from the ground up, with features including: All-in-One style screen capture, output to a free storage account on Screencast.com and the ability to save custom effects and callouts. With Snagit on Mac, users can add visuals to text communication, annotate or mark up images, use pictures to help explain tasks and capture content from desktop and web applications.
“For years, the number one enhancement requested by Snagit users was availability on the Mac platform,” said Tiffany Wood, Snagit Product Manager. “Today, with global support from the Snagit user community, we’re answering their call. Snagit is now the only screen capture solution available worldwide on both Windows and Mac operating systems.”
Released on Windows in 1991, Snagit has more than 7 million users worldwide. A license of the most current version, Snagit 10, also entitles existing users to a free copy of Snagit on Mac. New users also pay just one price for a license of Snagit on Windows and Mac--$49.95.
Quotes from Snagit on Mac Beta Testers
Public beta users shared more than 200 appreciative comments in the online feedback community, including:
- “Nicely done, I have used Snagit since it was first born. I recently switched to a Mac from PC and this was one of the programs I missed the most. I'm so glad to see Snagit on my Mac finally.”
- “Love Snagit and will definitely suggest its use to friends, the simplicity is awesome.”
- “I use Snagit (for Windows) at work and was looking forward to the day that I'd be able to have it on my Mac at home. I am 100 percent satisfied! Seriously this is the best screen capture software I have ever used.”
Key Features Available for Snagit on Mac
- Capture: Snagit allows users to capture any image from their screen at the click of a button or hotkey, including scrolling web pages, windows, images and regions or areas of the screen.
- Snagit Editor: Edit captures with callouts, arrows, lines and numerous other finishing touches. Users can manage recent captures in an image tray and drag multiple images from the tray to the canvas to combine them. All screen captures are automatically saved, allowing users to grab multiple images, and work on them later.
- Share: Easily share captures by saving in a range of popular image formats or exporting with a single click to emails, FTP sites or to Screencast.com, TechSmith’s own hosting site.
- Auto-scrolling capture: Capture images below what is visible on the screen, for example when capturing a lengthy web page.
- Drag-and-Drop: Snagit on Mac supports the Mac standard drag-and-drop function to popular applications like iWorks, Microsoft Office and more.
About TechSmith Corporation
Founded in 1987, TechSmith Corporation provides practical business and academic software tools and services. TechSmith's solutions enable users to capture, record and enhance digital content from their computer screens so they can share information and knowledge in compelling multimedia formats, and allow others to observe, analyze and learn from their experiences. TechSmith products are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. Visit www.TechSmith.com for more information.
All-in-One Capture, Camtasia, Camtasia Relay, Camtasia Studio, DubIt, EnSharpen, Enterprise Wide, Expressshow, Jing, Morae, Rich Recording Technology (RRT), Screencast.com, Show The World, SmartFocus, Snagit, TechSmith, TSCC and UserVue are either registered marks or marks of TechSmith Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. This list is not a comprehensive list of all TechSmith Corporation marks. The absence of a name/mark or logo in this notice does not constitute a waiver of any intellectual property rights that TechSmith Corporation has established in any of its product, feature or service names/marks or logos. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 by TechSmith Corporation. All rights reserved.