Upload to Screencast.com without Using the Preset
In this tutorial, learn how to:
- Produce videos recorded at non-standard dimensions to Screencast.com, thereby preserving the original dimensions.
- Retrieve the short URL to the video from Screencast.com.
Once your video is in Camtasia Studio there are many editing features available and multiple ways to produce the video. What if you want to send your video back to Screencast.com? Here's the direct path from the Editor through the Production Wizard up to Screencast.com.
Note: Additional content (i.e. Table of Contents, captions and flash hotspots) is included when you produce your video using Camtasia Studio. This content is not included if you manually uploaded your Flash video file to Screencast.com. Therefore, if your video contains the above content you MUST produce with Camtasia Studio via its Production Wizard.
- In the Task List, select Produce video as. The
Production Wizard opens.
- Choose Custom production settings (recommended) from the
drop down menu.
- Click Next.
- Select the recommended Flash output MP4/FLV/SWF. Click
- If you are including a Table of Contents, select ExpressShow with
TOC from the Template drop down menu. Otherwise,
- Optional: Click the Flash Options button to customize the player behavior, About/Info dialog boxes and more. Click Next.
- In the Video Options dialog box, uncheck the Embed Video
into HMTL checkbox. Click Next.
- In the Produce Video dialog box, check the Upload video to
Screencast.com checkbox. Sign in with your email address and password,
then select the folder for your video.
- Click Finish. The video will start rendering and then upload to Screencast.com. When the video has finished uploading, Screencast.com launches and takes you to your video.
- Click the Share tab, located under the video, to retrieve
the convenient small link. Send this link to your viewers.