Insert Media Between Clips on the Timeline
Insert media between clips on the timeline to:
- Insert a title image between media to introduce a section of the video.
- Replace an error in the video or audio.
- Position the playhead on the timeline where you want to insert the new media.
- Select Edit > Split Selected at Playhead or press Command-T.
- Drag the new media onto an open track on the timeline and align the start of the media with the playhead.
- Drag an end of the new media to adjust the media to only the portion you want to insert.
- To insert the media, click and drag the clip to right of the
playhead until it is aligned with the end of the clip to insert. Drag
the new media into blank space between the two clips.
- To replace a section of the original clip with the new media,
drag the beginning of the clip to the right until it is aligned with the
end of the clip to insert. This crops the original clip. Drag the new
media into the blank space between the two clips.