Add markers during a .camrec recording in Camtasia Recorder or while editing in Camtasia Studio. Insert markers to:
- Create recording notes. For example, mark a pause in the recording to cut out during editing.
- Set points to split a long video into multiple videos. See Customize a Video Based on Markers.
- Create navigation points. If you include a table of contents in the final video, the markers appear as table of contents entries.
Add Markers while Recording
To add a marker while recording, press <CTRL + M> or click the Add Marker button on the Recording toolbar.
To view markers added during recording, import the .camrec file into Camtasia Studio. The markers appear on the Timeline.
Add a Marker in Camtasia Studio
- Position the playhead on the Timeline.
- Select Edit > Add a Marker or press M.
- The Marker Name dialog box appears. Enter a name and click OK. If you include a table of contents in the final video, the marker names appear as table of contents entries.
Camtasia Studio inserts a marker on the Timeline on the Markers track.