Can I See What My Video Will Look Like Without Having to Produce the Whole Thing? (Preview Production Settings)
The Preview feature in the Production Wizard renders the first 30 seconds of your video. You can then use the Preview Manager to compare how tweaking various settings may impact the produced video.
The Preview Window in Camtasia Studio gives you a pretty good idea about what the final content of your video will look like, but you have to produce the video to really see the true quality, audio results, About Box content (Flash format option), and more. The trouble is that producing a whole video can be a very time-consuming endeavor. Enter Preview Production.
Preview the Production Settings
- In the Task List, select the Produce video as option.
- The Production Wizard appears. Select the Custom production settings option and click Next. (The other production presets do not have a preview option.)
- Select a file format and click Next.
- Select the desired production settings.
- Click the Preview dropdown and select the Preview Current Settings option. The first 30 seconds of the video begins rendering. Note: 30 seconds is the default. You can change it to just about anything you’d like in Camtasia Studio > Tools > Options… > Program (tab).
The Preview Manager
In the Production Wizard, click the Preview dropdown and select the Preview Manager option. A window similar to the example below appears. There are at least four areas of particular interest.