Record Camera Video in Camtasia Studio
The Record Camera option records camera video from a Web camera and synchronizes it with the video on the Timeline. Use the recorded camera video clip as a Picture-in-Picture (PIP) or side-by-side video within the main video.
- Position the playhead on the Timeline.
- In the Task List, select Record camera.
- The Record Camera pane appears. If the camera is set up properly, the camera appears in the Available video devices dropdown.
- Select the recording and audio options.
- Click the Start Recording button. The video on the Timeline (if applicable) plays back in the Preview Window as you record the Web camera.
- Click the Stop Recording button.
- The Save Video Capture As dialog appears. Enter a file name and click Save.
- Click Finished. The video clip appears in the Clip Bin and on the PIP track on the Timeline.
You can record camera video at a later time with the Record camera option in Camtasia Studio.