Log In to Camtasia Relay
When you open Camtasia Relay, it prompts you to log in. The following are some FAQs about logging in:
Why Log In?
You must log in as a presenter or identify yourself as a guest before you can submit or save your presentation.
When you log in to Camtasia Relay, you do the following:
- Identify yourself as a presenter
Log in to gain access to your profiles and identify yourself as the presenter. You can log in before or after recording.
- Gain access to profiles
A profile consists of settings that determine how a presentation is recorded, what kind of file is produced, and where it is published. An administrator sets up profiles and assigns them based on presenter needs.
- Save settings
When you select an audio device or set hotkeys while logged in, the audio device and hotkeys are stored and available the next time you log in.
Do I Have To Log In Before Recording?
Running late for your presentation? Can’t remember your password?
For these and other reasons, you are not required to log in before recording. If you are not logged in, the Upload and Decide Later profile is selected when you begin recording.
Although you can record without logging in, you must log in as a presenter or identify yourself as a guest before you can submit or save your presentation. If you try to submit or save a presentation without logging in, you are prompted to do so.
Once you log in as a presenter, either before or after recording, you can access and select from your assigned profiles.
Don’t Know Your Username or Password?
Here are a few things to try if you do not know your username or password:
- If you were not given a username or password, you can try logging in with your network username and password. Some organizations set up Camtasia Relay to use these network credentials.
- In the Camtasia Relay Login dialog box, click Forgot password. In some cases, you can reset your password on the Camtasia Relay website.
- Log in as a guest presenter. You can still record even if you do not know your username or forgot your password.
Keep in mind that when recording as a guest, either you (once you find your password) or the administrator must authorize the presentation before it can process. To authorize a presentation, log into the Camtasia Relay website, find the presentation, and choose a profile.
- If you can’t remember your username or password and none of the above work for you, contact your Camtasia Relay administrator.
To log in as a guest because you forgot your username or password:
- Click Log In.
- Click Guest.
- Enter your name.
- Enter your email in the Guest of field.
- Click Submit.