Record a Presentation
To record a presentation:
- Launch Camtasia Relay.
- Log in with your username and password, or identify yourself as a guest recording for someone else.
- Select a profile. If you do not know what profile to select, choose Upload and Decide Later.
- Click the Audio Device button and select an audio device in the Select Audio Device dialog box.
- Select which display to record if using a projector displaying a different screen or multiple displays.
- Enter a presentation title and description.
- Make a test recording to verify that you are recording from the correct display and audio device.
- Click the Record button. The recorder is minimized to the system tray.
- Give your presentation. Camtasia Relay records everything on your screen and the selected audio device.
- Stop recording using a hotkey or right-click the icon in the system tray or dock. There may be a delay as the recording is finalized. The recording opens in the Camtasia Relay Review window.
- If needed, click Trimming to set trim points to cut out extra video at the beginning and end of the presentation.
- Click the Submit button.
- If you are connected to the Internet, the presentation starts uploading to the Camtasia Relay server.
- If you are not connected to the Internet, the recording automatically starts uploading when you connect to the Internet. You do not receive notice when your presentation begins uploading.
After you submit a presentation for upload, you cannot access it or view its status on your computer. Instead, you can Check the Status of Your Presentation on the Camtasia Relay website.