The Facebook Button
Use Jing to update your status on Facebook and share images and videos with your friends!
To start using Jing with Facebook, you need to do two things. First, if you don't have a Facebook account, create one. Make note of your username and password. Next, create a Facebook button in Jing.
To create a Facebook button:
- Click More > Preferences.
- Click Customize Jing Buttons, and click the Facebook icon.
- Optional: Change the Button description (name).
- Click Start Authorization. A Facebook webpage opens inside Jing and you must sign in to your Facebook account.
- Click Connect.
- Next, click Allow Publishing. This gives Jing permission to upload content to your Facebook account. An "Allow Constant Authorization" dialog appears.
- Click Allow and Jing won't have to ask you for permission to upload to your account again. (If you don't allow constant authorization, you will be prompted to enter your password every time you share to Facebook.)
Your captures made with this Facebook button will be hosted on the indicated Screencast.com account, but you can change it if you wish.
- Click Save.
- Close the Customize Jing Button dialog.
To post to Facebook with Jing:
Tip: The people who see your Jing posts is determined by your default Wall privacy settings on Facebook. For example, if you have the privacy setting "Posts by Me" set to "Friends of Friends", these are the same people that will see your Jing-created updates.
- Capture an image or record a video as you usually would.
- Click the Facebook button in the Jing Preview Window. A Facebook dialog opens, and your content starts uploading in the background.
- Optionally edit up to three fields which Jing pre-fills with generic text.
Tips: You cannot have a blank title (default is View my image/Watch my video). If left blank, Jing will populate it with the Screencast.com URL to your content. Also, if you name your Jing prior to clicking the Facebook button, the title is pre-filled with the file name.