Use Snagit for Feedback or Grading
You can use Snagit to mark up, grade, or provide feedback to others. Take an image capture of the item you want to give feedback on. Then, use the drawing tools in Snagit Editor to provide feedback.
Add Space for Comments and Feedback
In Snagit Editor, drag the edge of the capture on the canvas to create extra space for comments.
- Drag the top edge of a capture to provide a summary or overall
grade for an assignment.
- Drag the side edge of a capture to provide notes and copy edits in
Point Out a Specific Item with a Callout
Use callouts to point to or give feedback on specific items.
- On the Draw tab, select the Callout tool.
- Click to select a callout style or adjust the options to create your own style.
- Click and drag on the canvas to add the callout.
- Move the tail around the callout to point to the area to comment on.
- Enter the comment text into the callout.
- To move the callout, click and drag within the callout.
- To resize the callout, click to select the callout and drag a handle.
- Select the Add to Quick Styles option to save the current settings to maintain a consistent look for all comments.
- Change the callout style for each reviewer or to differentiate between types of feedback.
- On the Draw tab, select the Text tool.
- Click to select a style or adjust the options to create your own style.
- Click and drag the text style onto the desired position on the canvas.
- Type the notes into the text box.
- Drag a handle to resize the callout.
Highlight a Section
- On the Draw tab, select the Highlighter tool.
- Select a highlighter color from the gallery.
- Click and drag across the area to highlight.
Call Out a Section with a Frame
- On the Draw tab, select the Shape tool.
- Select the frame style from the gallery.
- Edit the desired options such as the line width and color from the dropdown menus.
- Click and drag around the area to highlight on the canvas.
Cross Out Text
- On the Draw tab, select the Line tool.
- Select a line style from the gallery. Change the desired width and color options from the dropdown menus.
- Click and drag across the area to strike out.
Use Screencast.com Commenting for Feedback
- On the Share tab, click the Screencast.com dropdown.
- Select Options.
- The Screencast.com Output Options dialog appears. Enable the Show comments on view page option.
- Click Save.
- On the Share tab, click the Screencast.com button to share your capture.
- Copy the Screencast.com URL into an instant message or email to share with your reviewers. Instruct your reviewers to enter comments on the bottom of the webpage.