Vector Objects and Selection
The canvas is the area for previewing and editing captures. The canvas displays the selected capture in the tray.
Edit Objects on the Canvas:
You can edit vector-based objects directly on the canvas. Vector objects include callouts, text, arrows, lines, shapes, stamps, other drawing tools, and pasted captures. If you want to edit the vector-based objects within a capture at a later time, save to the .snag file format.
To edit an object, you must first click to select the object on the canvas. Flattened objects can not be edited.
- Move: Drag the object to a new position on the
- Resize: Drag a handle in or out.
- Flip: On the Image tab, select Rotate > Flip > Horizontal or Vertical.
- For callouts and pasted captures, drag the green handle around
- To rotate an entire capture, on the Image tab, select Rotate and then select the desired rotation option.
- For callouts and pasted captures, drag the green handle around the object.
- Flatten: Right-click on the object and select Flatten.
Making a Selection
Use the Selection tool to select a portion of a capture to copy, cut, paste, or to move a selected area within the capture. Tools and effects are only available for image captures.
- On the Draw tab, click the Selection tool.
- Select a shape style.
- Click and drag the cursor on the canvas.
Select objects on the canvas:
- To select an object, press Shift and click an object to include in the selection.
- To toggle an object in or out of a group of selected objects, press Shift and click the object.