PowerPoint is boring. That’s what we’ve all heard, right? Too much text, too many bullet points, too much of the presenter just reading off the slides. But is it a PowerPoint problem or a design problem?
There are a lot of ways to build slides for PowerPoint that convey information effectively and don’t fall into the stereotypical design problems. Understanding how to make better slides is vital for holding your audience’s attention and conveying your message. It’s also important if you’re going to turn your PowerPoint presentations into videos.
Here’s how you can design better slides, find the most visually appealing imagery, and turn your slides into better videos.
Find out about:
- The differences between using PowerPoint for live presentation versus video
- The biggest common mistakes when getting started
- The steps you need to build a video
- How to tackle technical data without overwhelming your audience
- Which images you should be choosing for your slides, and why
- The great resources for finding great slide images
- How to make a connection and build trust with your audience
To read the blog post on this topic or watch the video click here.
Find out more about the Techsmith Academy.
Important Links & Mentions
Nancy Duarte’s Resonate (Free ebook version): https://www.duarte.com/resonate-book/
You Suck at PowerPoint! by Jesse Dee: https://www.slideshare.net/jessedee/you-suck-at-powerpoint
TechSmith Asset Libary for images, music, videos, Camtasia templates and more: https://library.techsmith.com/camtasia
Freely Usable Videos: https://unsplash.com/
Free Stock Photos and Videos: https://www.pexels.com
Subscribe to TechSmith on YouTube: http://bit.ly/TSCYouTubesubscribe
Find more great content on our blog: http://www.techsmith.com/blog
Follow TechSmith on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/techsmith
Like TechSmith on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/techsmith
Have our monthly newsletter for tips, tricks & info: http://bit.ly/TS-news