What can you do to make sure that you design an eLearning course that delivers real results?
Tim Slade is a speaker, award-winning freelance eLearning designer and the author of the book, ‘The eLearning Designer’s Handbook.’ Having spent the last decade working to help others elevate their eLearning and visual communications content, Tim has a wealth of knowledge on the subject of creating eLearning that delivers results. I mean, he wrote the book on it!
Tim was more than happy to share some of that knowledge and walks you through the eLearning development process, helping you to design eLearning that captivates your audience and delivers tangible results.
Learning points from the episode include:
- Use a blueprint or storyboard to plan your eLearning course
- One of the things that makes a good educator is the ability to empathize with someone who is brand new at something
- Focus less on what people need to learn, and more on what they need to know
- Stop worrying about the tech side of things and focus on the quality of your content
- You must understand how to create eLearning for adults and understand the theory of adult learning
- The goal of creating training that delivers results is to shift that moment of realization that you have of what is the right answer to the beginning of the project before you invest any time creating content
- Don’t measure if you’re not going to do anything with the measurement
… and so much more!
Important links and mentions:
Learn more about the Techsmith Academy
To read the blog post on the topic or watch the video, click here