What is help content?
You don’t have to be a technical writer to create content that helps people use your product. Your content just needs to help your customers help themselves.
Customer education content helps customers to solve problems and perform the tasks they need. Providing this content is an essential ingredient for ensuring the success of your product with your customers.
There are ways to create effective help resources, and in this episode of The Visual Lounge, Michele Wiedemer shares her twenty years of knowledge for creating, evaluating, and improving your customer-facing help content.
Learning points from the episode include:
- What customer education is
- Why everyone should know how to create helpful content
- What common errors people make when creating customer education content
- How to decide what type of helpful content to create
- Why Michele wanted to create the Writing Helpful Help TechSmith Academy course
- The three essential steps to creating effective help content
- Why you should prioritize access to your help content
Important links and mentions:
- Michele’s Writing Helpful Help TechSmith Academy course
- Michele’s website, Virtual Customer Learning
- Michele’s LinkedIn
Learn more about the TechSmith Academy https://academy.techsmith.com/?utm_source=podcast&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=visuallounge&utm_content=writing-helpful-help
To read the blog post on the topic or watch the video, go to: http://techsmith.com/blog/how-to-write-helpful-help-content-with-michele-wiedemer