Add TechSmith Knowmia Media to a Blackboard Module Within a Course
When the Blackboard Administrator completes the TechSmith Knowmia Blackboard integration, the option to add content from your Knowmia library course is now within Blackboard.
To add Knowmia content:
- Open the Course in Blackboard.
- Create a module folder.
- Assign the module Quiz reporting options.
- Add the Knowmia media to the module folder.
Choose The Blackboard Course Synced Up to Knowmia Integration
- Log into Blackboard.
- Choose the course to add Knowmia media to.
- From the course home page, click Content.
- Under the Content menu, several subfolders may appear. One of these subfolders contains the Knowmia integration.
Note: The Content subfolder where Knowmia appears is determined by the Blackboard administrator. Contact your administrator to find out which subfolder to choose.
For example, in the image below, the Knowmia option is found in the Content > Tools subfolder.
- Name the module being added to the Blackboard course. This name appears as the module title within the Knowmia Library.
- Scroll through the Edit Content dialog box to choose the Knowmia Quiz Report Details.
- When done editing content details, click Submit.
The new module is uploaded to the Knowmia Library.
- Click the new module to open the Library and add content.
- Your media is now linked to your Blackboard Module. When a student opens the module, they can view the media content and complete any quizzes.
Add Knowmia Media To The Newly Created Blackboard Course Module
There are four ways to add Knowmia Media to the newly created Blackboard Course Module:
- Record a New Video with Knowmia Recorder
- Choose an Existing Media File
- Add Media as a Conversation
- Add an Entire Folder of Content
1. Record a New Video with TechSmith Capture
Quickly record anything on your screen or webcam with TechSmith Capture. Highlights include:
- Videos are ready for viewing immediately after upload.
- The ability to record specific regions of your screen, as well as full-frame webcam videos.
- Switch between the screen and webcam while recording.
- Lightweight installation on any machine.
- Launch a new recording directly from your LMS.
To record with Knowmia Recorder, click Launch Capture. For more information, see Record Your First Video.
2. Choose an Existing Media File
To add an existing media file, click the Add Media button.
3. Add Media as a Conversation
The Conversations feature allows content creators to collaborate, review, and discuss a video with others. The Conversations feature aligns written comments and drawn annotations with specific points in the video, making reviews quick and easy.
- Enhance student engagement with course content.
- Improve student-to-student interactions.
- Increase an instructor's social presence.
- Streamline the content review process.
Add Video as a Conversation
- To add media as a conversation, enable the Add Conversation option.
- Click Add Media. Choose desired video.
- For more information, see Add a Conversation to a Video.
4. Add an Entire Folder of Content
To add an entire folder of media, including any subfolders, click the Add Folder button.
Note: No quiz scoring is reported to the Blackboard Grade Center if an entire media folder is selected.
Knowmia Quiz Report Details
A single piece of Knowmia content can report a quiz score in two different ways:
- If the Knowmia media content contains a quiz with questions, the quiz results can be sent back to the Blackboard Grade Center. Points are awarded based on the percentage of correct answers.
- If the Knowmia media content has no quiz questions, enable this option to have points assigned to it according to the percentage of the video watched.
Example: A student watches 80% of the Knowmia video. Knowmia reports a score of 8/10 to the Blackboard Grade Center.
- If an entire folder of media is selected, no quiz score is reported.
- Knowmia reported scores can be manually overwritten in the Blackboard Grade Center.
- Once a student completes a quiz, allow up to one hour for quiz scores to be synchronized between Knowmia and the Blackboard Grade Center.
Choose Quiz Options
- Scroll down to the Evaluation section.
- Select Yes for Enable Evaluation.
- Set the number of Points Possible.