For this tutorial you will need to have the TechSmith Relay Recorder installed on your computer along with Camtasia 9 (Windows) or Camtasia 3 (Mac). Installing the TechSmith Relay Recorder also installs the TechSmith Relay plugin, which Camtasia uses to send videos to your TechSmith Relay library.
Before moving on to the directions below, record and edit your desired video with Camtasia. If you would like help creating videos with Camtasia, check out the Camtasia Tutorials.
What about interactive features?
All interactive video features created with Camtasia will be included when the video is uploaded to TechSmith Relay, as long as the video is uploaded using the TechSmith Relay share option (steps below). Interactive features include:
- Closed Captions
- Table of Contents
Uploading videos from Camtasia
- Choose TechSmith Relay from the Share dropdown menu.
- If this is your first time uploading media from Camtasia, you may be prompted to enter your credentials. Enter your username and then complete the process to log in to TechSmith Relay.
- Give your video a title (A) and a description (B). Then click Submit (C).
Note: If your video project dimensions are larger than 1280x720, selecting the "Send as 720p" option will produce and upload a 1280x720 version of your video. If your project dimensions are smaller than 1280x720, the video will be produced at that size instead.
- Camtasia will render your video, upload it to TechSmith Relay, and then provide you with the link to your media when everything is completed. Click View Now ("Visit" on Mac) to be taken to your video in TechSmith Relay, or Copy to copy and paste the link for sharing with others.
- Manage quizzing, analytics, privacy, and more by accessing your video on TechSmith Relay.
This is the complete list of our tutorials and guides for TechSmith Relay users and administrators.
Looking for TechSmith Relay (Self-Hosted) tutorials? We've got those, too.