TechSmith Improves Usability, Introduces Time Saving Features for Camtasia for Mac
New freeze region video effect, stitching ensure efficient and effective visual communication
OKEMOS, Mich. – June 4, 2013 – New video recording and editing capabilities from TechSmith make visual communication easier than ever for Mac users. Today’s release of Camtasia for Mac 2.4 delivers usability enhancements and a host of new features, including freeze region and stitching.
This new version of Camtasia for Mac brings usability enhancements and time saving features to a screen recording and video editing solution that’s already simple to use. Camtasia for Mac’s new features enhance the existing functionality with a default behavior, making video production that much easier.
“We’re constantly listening to our users to identify which features and capabilities they want to see and will be most helpful,” said Jason Valade, Camtasia product manager at TechSmith. “This update provides users with even better usability to communicate visually and save valuable time in the process.”
New features in Camtasia for Mac 2.4:
- Users are introduced to the freeze region video effect which eliminates the pain of pop-ups and unwanted screen material. The freeze region video effect lets users quickly remove pesky email notifications that were captured during recording without needing to edit or start over.
- The stitching function allows users editing a file on a timeline to merge it back together. This helps users save time spent editing video because they can seamlessly stitch files back together and apply video effects across previously separate clips.
- Users will now be able to cut and paste effects and animations to achieve a consistent look throughout the video, which will continue to help users create polished content. Similarly, users will now be able to access spell check in callouts. Not to worry, underlining won’t show up in the final presentation.
- The getting started project has been added to help new users become Camtasia for Mac pros. It will help uncover key changes in user interface so that existing users can quickly start utilizing advanced features.
- In order to keep up with ever-changing mobile device platforms, the iPhone 5 device frame is now available to keep device frames common and to meet customer needs. The iPhone 4 device frame is still available, along with frames for the iPad, iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Thunderbolt.
Download a free trial of Camtasia for Mac 2.4 to see how easy it is to create customized, professional, screen-based videos that can be shared with anyone, on any device. Camtasia for Mac is available in both English and German.
- Camtasia for Mac: www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html
- Camtasia on Twitter: www.twitter.com/camtasiamac
- TechSmith: www.techsmith.com
- TechSmith on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TechSmith
- TechSmith on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChannelTechSmith
About TechSmith Corporation
Founded in 1987, TechSmith Corporation provides practical business and academic software tools and services. TechSmith's solutions enable users to capture, record and enhance digital content so they can share information and knowledge in compelling multimedia formats, and allow others to observe, analyze and learn from their experiences. TechSmith products are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. Visit www.TechSmith.com for more information.
All-in-One Capture, Camtasia, Camtasia Relay, Camtasia Studio, Coach’s Eye, DubIt, EnSharpen, Enterprise Wide, Expressshow, Jing, Morae, Rich Recording Technology (RRT), Screencast.com, Show The World, SmartFocus, Snagit, TechSmith, TSCC and UserVue are either registered marks or marks of TechSmith Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. This list is not a comprehensive list of all TechSmith Corporation marks. The absence of a name/mark or logo in this notice does not constitute a waiver of any intellectual property rights that TechSmith Corporation has established in any of its product, feature or service names/marks or logos. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 by TechSmith Corporation. All rights reserved.