TechSmith Introduces New Video Editing Enhancements for Camtasia Mac Users
Keystroke and sketch motion callouts in Camtasia for Mac 2.3 give users new ways to highlight and demonstrate their work
OKEMOS, Mich. – Dec. 11, 2012 – The easiest screen recording and video editing solution on the Mac just got an upgrade! Today TechSmith is releasing Camtasia for Mac 2.3, introducing sketch motion and keystroke callouts for screencasting professionals on the Mac platform. The new features allow educators and trainers to draw attention to important points of their video instruction by automatically showing computer keystroke-combinations and drawing on the screen.
Designed specifically to give non-video professionals the ability to create engaging, professional videos off the computer screen, this new version of Camtasia for Mac brings more useful features of Camtasia Studio for Windows to Mac users. Camtasia for Mac’s intuitive software goes beyond simple screen recording by giving users a complete solution with high-end production, editing and hosting capabilities at an affordable cost.
“We recognize how important it is for viewers to follow the action in a video, and to understand what is most important,” said Shane Lovellette, Camtasia product manager at TechSmith. “This release provides simple yet effective tools to focus viewer attention, making it easier for them to learn. This is our third feature-rich release since April, and we are committed to continuing to deliver value quickly.”
Key New Features
- Users can now use sketch motion callouts to draw on the screen while editing with animated shapes. Sketch motion callouts look like the effect is drawn by hand over the video in real-time, creating an enhanced and dynamic viewing experience that focuses attention on important areas of any presentation. Educators can use this feature to draw students’ attentions to important lesson points, while business professionals can use it to point out important details like function or price.
- Keystroke callouts can now be automatically generated to show a software application’s timesaving shortcuts, increasing the effectiveness of training videos. This feature shows pressed keys as graphic overlays, allowing users to create a video that relies on demonstrating key combinations. Businesses can use this for training purposes, to train employees on new software programs, email services or company portals. This feature is also beneficial to educators and administrators, who can now effectively use video to teach computer lessons that involve keystrokes – or even educate new teachers on how to use a grading program.
A free, 30-day trial of Camtasia for Mac 2.3 is available at www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html with discounted pricing options available for educators and nonprofit organizations. New users can purchase the software for $99; Camtasia for Mac 1.x users can upgrade to version 2.3 for $49.50 per user; existing Camtasia for Mac 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 users can upgrade to version 2.3 for free. Additionally, existing Camtasia Studio (for PC) users can purchase Camtasia for Mac 2.3 at the upgrade price of $49.50, or purchase Camtasia for Mac 2.3 while also upgrading their Camtasia Studio license to version 8 for $175. Camtasia for Mac 2.3 will also be available in the Mac App Store.
- Camtasia for Mac: www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html
- Download a Free Trial.
- Camtasia on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CamtasiaStudio
- Camtasia on Twitter: www.twitter.com/camtasiamac
- TechSmith on YouTube: http://bit.ly/tnxwU9
- TechSmith: www.techsmith.com
- Check out all of TechSmith’s products: www.techsmith.com/download
About TechSmith Corporation
Founded in 1987, TechSmith Corporation provides practical business and academic software tools and services. TechSmith's solutions enable users to capture, record and enhance digital content so they can share information and knowledge in compelling multimedia formats, and allow others to observe, analyze and learn from their experiences. TechSmith products are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. Visit www.TechSmith.com for more information.
All-in-One Capture, Camtasia, Camtasia Relay, Camtasia Studio, Coach’s Eye, DubIt, EnSharpen, Enterprise Wide, Expressshow, Jing, Morae, Rich Recording Technology (RRT), Screencast.com, Show The World, SmartFocus, Snagit, TechSmith, TSCC and UserVue are either registered marks or marks of TechSmith Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. This list is not a comprehensive list of all TechSmith Corporation marks. The absence of a name/mark or logo in this notice does not constitute a waiver of any intellectual property rights that TechSmith Corporation has established in any of its product, feature or service names/marks or logos. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 by TechSmith Corporation. All rights reserved.