New 'Coach's Eye' iPhone App Changes the Game for Coaches
TechSmith takes video analysis from professional film rooms to the sports field
OKEMOS, Mich. – November 8, 2011 –Today’s launch of Coach’s Eye a new iOS 5 application for the iPhone and iPod touch from TechSmith Corporation, provides coaches, athletes and parents with an edge: the ability to immediately capture, analyze and share athletic performance on video using an everyday mobile device. Coaches can now provide instant feedback using technology typically reserved for film rooms, such as slow motion frame-by-frame analysis, telestrator capability, audio narration and super-fast video creation on device.
“Video doesn’t lie. But access to video feedback and instant replay technology for athletic performance is typically only available to professionals due to the cost and complexity,” says Brooks Andrus, Coach’s Eye product manager at TechSmith. “Now any sport that demands purity of form for maximum performance can benefit from Coach’s Eye. From baseball to football, soccer to martial arts, yoga to swimming—Coach’s Eye can help athletes improve on the spot.”
Coach’s Eye is the most complete, instant video analysis program available. It enables anyone to record video and review footage in real-time, and quickly share the feedback via text, email, YouTube and more. The Coach’s Eye app is priced at just $0.99 for a limited time, providing everyone with an affordable tool they can use to put the power of professional coaching in their hands—on the field, in the gym, and even in the backyard.
Coach’s Eye is the first recreational mobile application produced by TechSmith, the company behind award-winning visual communication software including Camtasia, Snagit and Jing. The new video analysis application extends TechSmith’s traditional software product lines to the mobile platform, allowing visual instruction on the go.
- Digital Flywheel: Coaches can jump directly to precise points of interest by spinning the unique digital flywheel either forward or reverse.
- Slow motion, frame-by-frame review and analysis: Coaches can more precisely explain plays, review form, fine-tune mechanics and more by slowing everything down.
- Drawing on videos: Coaches can complement videos with telestrator shapes and lines, the same way sportscasters break down and analyze plays.
- Output to free hosting on CoachsEye.com: Coaches can keep all of the reviews they’ve completed, so they can refer back and replay them for others.
- Immediate video compositing: Coaches’ narration, drawing and replay are compressed into a single review on the device, eliminating the time delay between video capture and feedback delivery.
- Built to maximize iOS 5 functionality: AirPlay mirroring enables coaches to output content from their device to a television without using cables to utilize the footage in the film room, and device notifications prevent updates from interrupting other device activity.
- Coach’s Eye
- Download Coach’s Eye
- Video Overview of Coach’s Eye
- Coach’s Eye on YouTube
- Coach’s Eye on Facebook
- Coach’s Eye on Twitter
- Videos of Coach’s Eye in Use
- Screenshots of Coach’s Eye
About TechSmith Corporation
Founded in 1987, TechSmith Corporation provides practical business and academic software tools and services. TechSmith's solutions enable users to capture, record and enhance digital content so they can share information and knowledge in compelling multimedia formats, and allow others to observe, analyze and learn from their experiences. TechSmith products are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. Visit www.TechSmith.com for more information.
All-in-One Capture, Camtasia, Camtasia Relay, Camtasia Studio, Coach’s Eye, DubIt, EnSharpen, Enterprise Wide, Expressshow, Jing, Morae, Rich Recording Technology (RRT), Screencast.com, Show The World, SmartFocus, Snagit, TechSmith, TSCC and UserVue are either registered marks or marks of TechSmith Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. This list is not a comprehensive list of all TechSmith Corporation marks. The absence of a name/mark or logo in this notice does not constitute a waiver of any intellectual property rights that TechSmith Corporation has established in any of its product, feature or service names/marks or logos. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 by TechSmith Corporation. All rights reserved.