Show students how to solve a problem or bring their attention to specific parts of a presentation by pencasting. Here are three ways Windows users can recreate the traditional whiteboard experience.
1. Tablet PC or Wacom
This method uses a Windows tablet or graphics tablet to draw on the screen.
Start a recording from Camtasia, make sure the screen and audio are toggled on, and hit Start Recording.
Open a drawing app or presentation to annotate. Work through the problem making sure to write or underline important ideas on the screen. When finished, stop the recording and edit in Camtasia.
This method uses an Apple iPad and Apple Pencil to draw on the screen.
Download TechSmith Capture from the app store. In Capture, click Record and make sure the microphone is on. Click Start Broadcast.
Use a drawing app to work through the problem or presentation. When finished, stop the recording. On Camtasia from your computer, go to File > Connect Mobile Device. From Capture on your iPad, click Share > Camtasia. Scan the QR Code and edit your recording.
This method uses a pen, paper, and a webcam. Rotate the webcam so you can see the paper.
Use Camtasia to record the webcam and audio as you work through the problem.
When finished, stop the recording and begin editing.
Quick Editing Tips
- Click and drag the edge of a recording to trim.
- Increase the cursor size and add cursor effects.
- Rotate the video in the Properties toolbar.
- Scale up the video by dragging the corners of the canvas.
- Set Project Settings to 1080p.
- Use Magnetic Tracks to move all the recordings together.
- Share to local file to upload anywhere later.
- Video Tutorial: Record, Edit, Share
- Video Tutorial: Make Your First Video
- Blog Post: The Complete Guide to Lecture Capture
Submit a Question
We want to know what questions you have about creating content for your online courses, so that we can make content that speaks directly to your concerns. There are no guarantees that we will make a video for every question, but we will be doing our best to create meaningful content for our Education customers.
Our team is here for you in case you encounter any technical issues.