About OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is a place where you can store, sync, and share your work files. In Camtasia Studio version 8.5 (or later), add OneDrive for Business as a destination in My Places to:
- Access your files from any computer or device.
- Share files with your coworkers for collaboration.
- Send a link to quickly communicate or to get feedback from others.
Note: OneDrive for Business accounts are different from OneDrive accounts. OneDrive accounts are intended for personal storage separate from your workplace. OneDrive accounts are not supported at this time.
Privacy in OneDrive for Business
The files are private until shared from the Share options located on the OneDrive for Business site. In the Share options, you can:
- Share files with everyone in your organization by placing it in the Share with Everyone folder.
- Share files with specific co-workers by name or by email.
- Set who can view or edit the files.
- Share with others outside of your organization depending on your company’s privacy settings.
Add a Place
Complete the following to set up a shortcut to OneDrive for Business in My Places:
- Select one of the following in Camtasia Studio:
- File > Import from My Places.
- Produce and share > Production options dropdown > Share to My Places > Click Next > Click Browse.
- Click the Add button.
- Click OneDrive for Business.
- Enter an email and password.
- Click Sign in.
The shortcut location is added to My Places.
Import from OneDrive for Business
Whether you are working from a different computer or device or need to collaborate with a coworker, you can quickly import images or videos from OneDrive for Business into Camtasia Studio.
- In Camtasia Studio, select File > Import from My Places.
You may be prompted to sign in to your TechSmith Account.
- Select a location from My Places.
If you do not have any locations in My Places or to import from a new location, see Add a Place (above).
- Browse to select the file to import.
- Click Import.
The file opens in the clip bin.
Produce and Share to OneDrive for Business
Upload a MP4 video to OneDrive for Business to access it at any time across computers or devices.
Videos produced with the Share to My Places production option do not include:
- Table of Contents
- In Camtasia Studio, click Produce and share.
- The Production Wizard appears. Select Share to My Places.
- Click Next.
- Select an option. Enter your email and password.
- Click Sign in.
- Select a location from My Places. If you do not have any locations in my places or to share to a new location, see Add a Place (above).
- Click the Select button.
- Enter a title.
- Click Finish.
The MP4 video file is uploaded to the selected My Places location.
We cover the essentials in our Camtasia Getting Started Series. Learn the basics in about 30 minutes!
Manage Files and Projects
Best practices for managing recording files, media content, and video projects.
Working with Callouts
Callout tips, including how to choose shapes, rotate, fade in/out, and more.
Tools of the Trade
Take your Camtasia skills to the next level with tutorials that cover advanced editing, production, and more!
Get the most out of Camtasia with integrations and companion apps.