Create an Animated Countdown
**This is an advanced tutorial. If you're looking for an intro to Camtasia and Behaviors, see these videos.
Creating an animated countdown engages your audience and gets people excited about you message. Here’s how to get started with a fun example:
- Open a new project in Camtasia.
- Set the editing dimensions to 1280x720 pixels.
- Change the canvas color to a dark blue (#0F80FF).
Create the Circle Callout
- Open the Annotations tool panel and change the Style to Bold.
- Add the orange, speech bubble callout to the canvas.
- On the canvas, select the tail of the speech bubble and drag it into the the center of the callout to “hide” it.
- Select the callout and center it vertically and horizontally on the canvas. Use the canvas guidelines to help with positioning.
- Change the text inside the callout to the number 5.
Style the Circle Callout
- Select the callout and open the Properties Panel.
- Change the Thickness of the Outline to 0.
- Increase the Font Size to 96pt.
- Change the Font Color to green (#0F80FF).
- Change the Scale to 150%.
- Select the callout on the timeline and right click it.
- Set the Duration to 0.8 seconds.
- Copy and paste the callout to create four more of the exact same callout.
- Position the callouts so they’re all on the same track on the timeline.
- Select each callout and change its text to the next number in the count down.
Make Them Pop!
- Select all of the callouts on the timeline. This allows us to add and customize a behavior for all of the stars at once.
- Select the Pulsating behavior from the Behaviors tool panel and drag it to one of the callouts.
- In the Properties panel, change the Style attribute of their Out to None.
Congratulations! You made an amazing title slide. If you love it, select your media on the timeline, right-click it, and choose Add to Library. Now you can use it in all your videos.
Getting Started Series
Record, edit, and share a video with this series of essential skills and techniques. Or, pick just the one you need to perfect your project.
Record, Edit, Share
VIDEO 1 of 5 - (4:45)
Learn to record, edit and share your screen using Camtasia.
Transitions, Annotations & Behaviors
VIDEO 2 of 5 - (6:16)
Learn to make eye catching videos using transitions, annotations, and behaviors.
Animations & Effects
VIDEO 3 of 5 - (4:29)
Learn to add animations and effects that guide and focus viewers' attention.
Get started with Camtasia Behaviors by watching the tutorial video and trying out the fun written tutorials.
Learn the four things you need to know about Behaviors.
Create an Animated Title
Learn to create an animated title using Callouts and Behaviors.
Create an Animated Countdown
Create an animated countdown to start your video.
Create an Animated Scene
Learn to create a fun animated scene with Library assets, Callouts and Behaviors.
Take your Camtasia skills to the next level with tutorials that cover advanced editing, quizzing, and more!
Editing In-Depth 1
Learn to trim, split, stitch and ripple move media.
Editing In-Depth 2
Learn to add clip speed, extend a frame and crop media.
Quizzing & Surveys
Gather feedback and learn more about your viewers with Camtasia quizzes and surveys.
PowerPoint Add-In Toolbar
Record presentations in PowerPoint by using the Camtasia PowerPoint Add-In Toolbar (Windows only)
Recording Your iOS Device
Record the screen of your iOS device with Camtasia (Mac only).
A few resources to help you refine your videos.
Where is it Now?
Find where all of your favorite tools and options have gone.
Hotkeys Mini Poster
Download this handy poster of common Camtasia hotkeys.
Camtasia Video Assets (Free)
Download and install free video assets to customize your Camtasia videos and screen recordings.