Create an Animated Scene With Behaviors
Creating an animated scene is a snap with Camtasia Behaviors and the all new assets in the Camtasia Library. Here’s how to get started with a fun example:
- Open a new project in Camtasia.
- Set the editing dimensions to 1280x720 pixels.
- Change the canvas color to a dark blue (#233CAE).
Create a Starry Night Sky
- Select Annotations from the tools panel and choose the Shapes tab.
- Add the star Annotation to the canvas.
- Open the Properties panel and change the Color to white.
- Remove the Drop Shadow.
- Change the Scale to 22.5%.
- Copy and paste the star 15-30 times and position them randomly near the top of the canvas to create the rest of the night sky.
Position the Stars on the Timeline
- Position the stars on the timeline so they appear on the canvas at slightly different times.
- Make all of the stars appear within the first two seconds of the project.
Exit at Once
- Adjust the duration of the stars on the timeline to make them all end at exactly the six second mark.
Make the Stars Twinkle
- Select all of the stars on the timeline. This allows us to add and customize a behavior for all of the stars at once.
- Drag the Pulsating behavior from the Behaviors tools panel to one of the stars.
- In the Properties panel, change the Style attribute of the Out state to None.
- When finished, right click on one of the stars and select Group. (this groups the stars together and reduces the amount of space they take up on the timeline.)
Add the Buildings
- Open the Camtasia Library, which is found under Media in the tools panel.
- Open the “Buildings” folder and add House-04 to the canvas.
- Repeat step 2 for Park-01 and Shop-02.
- Change the Scale of each image to match the values below.
- House-04 - 35%
- Park-01 - 22.5%
- Shop-02 - 30%
Adjust the Timing
- Position the buildings on the timeline so they appear on the canvas one after another. Make sure they don’t appear until after all of the stars have entered the canvas.
- Change the Duration of the buildings on the timeline so they end at exactly the six second mark.
Make the Buildings Pop Up
- Select the Pop Up behavior from the Behaviors tools panel and add it to all three buildings.
- Select all three buildings, and in the Properties panel, change the Style attribute of the During state to None.
- Repeat step 2 for the Out state.
Add the Moon
- Add a Circle callout to a new timeline track.
- Change the Color to white.
- Remove the Drop Shadow.
- Position the circle on the timeline so it appears on the canvas after the buildings.
- Adjust the Duration on the timeline so it ends at exactly the six second mark.
**If you don’t see a circle as on option, select the drop down menu and choose All.
Make the Moon Slide
- Select the Sliding behavior from the Behaviors tools panel and add it to the circle callout.
- Change the Direction of the In state to Right
- Change the Style of the Out state to None.
Congratulations! You made an amazing title slide. If you love it, select your media on the timeline, right-click it, and choose Add to Library. Now you can use it in all your videos.
Getting Started Series
Record, edit, and share a video with this series of essential skills and techniques. Or, pick just the one you need to perfect your project.
Record, Edit, Share
VIDEO 1 of 5 - (4:45)
Learn to record, edit and share your screen using Camtasia.
Transitions, Annotations & Behaviors
VIDEO 2 of 5 - (6:16)
Learn to make eye catching videos using transitions, annotations, and behaviors.
Animations & Effects
VIDEO 3 of 5 - (4:29)
Learn to add animations and effects that guide and focus viewers' attention.
Get started with Camtasia Behaviors by watching the tutorial video and trying out the fun written tutorials.
Learn the four things you need to know about Behaviors.
Create an Animated Title
Learn to create an animated title using Callouts and Behaviors.
Create an Animated Countdown
Create an animated countdown to start your video.
Create an Animated Scene
Learn to create a fun animated scene with Library assets, Callouts and Behaviors.
Take your Camtasia skills to the next level with tutorials that cover advanced editing, quizzing, and more!
Editing In-Depth 1
Learn to trim, split, stitch and ripple move media.
Editing In-Depth 2
Learn to add clip speed, extend a frame and crop media.
Quizzing & Surveys
Gather feedback and learn more about your viewers with Camtasia quizzes and surveys.
PowerPoint Add-In Toolbar
Record presentations in PowerPoint by using the Camtasia PowerPoint Add-In Toolbar (Windows only)
Recording Your iOS Device
Record the screen of your iOS device with Camtasia (Mac only).
A few resources to help you refine your videos.
Where is it Now?
Find where all of your favorite tools and options have gone.
Hotkeys Mini Poster
Download this handy poster of common Camtasia hotkeys.
Camtasia Video Assets (Free)
Download and install free video assets to customize your Camtasia videos and screen recordings.