Create an Animated Countdown
**This is an advanced tutorial. If you're looking for an intro to Camtasia and Behaviors, see these videos.
Creating an animated countdown engages your audience and gets people excited about you message. Here’s how to get started with a fun example:
- Open a new project in Camtasia.
- Set the editing dimensions to 1280x720 pixels.
- Change the canvas color to a dark blue (#0F80FF).
Create the Circle Callout
- Open the Annotations tool panel and change the Style to Bold.
- Add the orange, speech bubble callout to the canvas.
- On the canvas, select the tail of the speech bubble and drag it into the the center of the callout to “hide” it.
- Select the callout and center it vertically and horizontally on the canvas. Use the canvas guidelines to help with positioning.
- Change the text inside the callout to the number 5.
Style the Circle Callout
- Select the callout and open the Properties Panel.
- Change the Thickness of the Outline to 0.
- Increase the Font Size to 96pt.
- Change the Font Color to blue (#0F80FF).
- Change the Scale to 150%.
- Select the callout on the timeline and right click it.
- Set the Duration to 0.8 seconds.
- Copy and paste the callout to create four more of the exact same callout.
- Position the callouts so they’re all on the same track on the timeline.
- Select each callout and change its text to the next number in the count down.
Make Them Pop!
- Select all of the callouts on the timeline. This allows us to add and customize a behavior for all of the stars at once.
- Select the Pulsating behavior from the Behaviors tool panel and drag it to one of the callouts.
- In the Properties panel, change the Style attribute of their Out to None.
Congratulations! You made an amazing title slide. If you love it, select your media on the timeline, right-click it, and choose Add to Library. Now you can use it in all your videos.
Record, edit, and share a video with this series of essential skills and techniques. Or, pick just the one you need to perfect your project.
Record, Edit, Share
VIDEO 1 of 5 - (4:45)
Learn to record, edit and share your screen using Camtasia.
Transitions & Annotations
VIDEO 2 of 5 - (6:16)
Learn to make eye catching videos using transitions, annotations, and behaviors.
Animations & Effects
VIDEO 3 of 5 - (4:29)
Learn to add animations and effects that guide and focus viewers' attention.
Take your Camtasia skills to the next level with tutorials that cover advanced editing, animations and more!
Leverage TechSmith's mobile apps to record or enhance your video projects.
We're Here to Help
If you didn't find the help you were looking for in our Camtasia tutorials, TechSmith also offers tech support on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (ET). If you need help outside of those hours, check out our online help articles, or post to our user community.