Apply an Animated Highlighter Effect
Add an animation to a highlight annotation to appear as though you are drawing with a highlighter across the screen. This effect is ideal for drawing attention to:
- A URL
- Text within a website
- An important area on the screen
To Create This Effect:
- Click the Annotations tab.
- Click to view the highlight annotations. The preset styles appear
- Select a style and drag it onto a track on the timeline.
- To reposition the annotation, select and drag it to a new location on the track.
- To resize it, drag the handles in or out.
- Click the Animations tab.
- Drag the Custom animation onto the highlight annotation on the timeline.
- Move the playhead to the beginning of the animation.
- Select the highlight annotation on the canvas and position it where you want the highlighter animation to start.
- Click the end point of the animation on the timeline.
- Drag the handles of the highlight annotation to the position on the canvas where you
want the animation to end.
- To adjust the duration of the animation, drag the end point in or out on the timeline.
- Move the playhead to the beginning of the effect, then click Play to view the animation.
- To further edit the animation properties, click the Properties button.