Edit Jing Videos in Camtasia Studio
Jing is great for recording short videos and quickly sharing them with others. But sometimes you may want more features--like the ability to zoom into an area, cut out a part where you messed up or maybe even add some kind of text or callout to the video to really draw the viewer's attention.
TechSmith's Camtasia Studio software does all this and much more...and you can send your Jing videos directly to Camtasia Studio's powerful video editor (version 6.0.1 or higher). Jing does not currently output to Camtasia for Mac.
To send a video to Camtasia Studio:
- First, create a video capture. When you click the Stop button your video is displayed in the Jing Preview window.
- Next click the Edit in Camtasia Studio button. One of two things will happen:
- If you have Camtasia Studio, and the program is running, the image goes directly to the Clip Bin. If the program isn't running, Jing will launch Camtasia Studio then put the video into your Clip Bin. You'll have to drag the video from the Clip Bin to your Timeline.
- If you don't have Camtasia Studio, you are prompted with an option to download a fully-functional 30-day trial.
Tip: If you know your video is going to be produced at some standard dimension, you should record your Jing video in the same aspect ratio. For example, 640 x 480 (a 4:3 aspect ratio, meaning 4 pixels wide for every 3 pixels high) is a popular dimension. In Jing, if you hold the <Ctrl> key as you drag your selection area, you are guaranteed to record at the 4:3 aspect ratio. If you hold the <Shift> key while you drag, you'll record at the 16:9 aspect ratio, sometimes referred to as "wide screen". Learn more.
Done editing and want to get your video back to Screencast.com? If you're using Camtasia Studio 7, Click Produce and Share. Then sign in to your account, title your video and select the folder to send it to, then click Finish.
Want to learn more about Camtasia Studio's editing features, such as slick transitions, audio enhancements and table of contents?
- Watch the above video--it's tailored for a Jing user's perspective.
- Check out the Camtasia Studio product page, where you can also get the fully functional 30-day trial.
- Visit the Camtasia Studio Learning Center, where there are dozens of tutorials to help you achieve anything in Camtasia Studio.