Edit Jing Images in Snagit
Jing is great for capturing images, adding a bit of text or some arrows, and then quickly sharing the image with others. But sometimes you may want something more--like the ability to blur out sensitive information, apply a fancy border, save in a different file format or capture something that is larger than your screen--like a long webpage.
TechSmith's Snagit software does all these things and much more...and you can send images from Jing directly to Snagit's powerful Editor. (Version 7 or higher is required for the Windows version of Snagit.)
To send an image to Snagit:
- Select an area to capture and click the Image button.
- Next click the Edit in Snagit button. One of two things will happen:
- If you have Snagit, and the program is running, the image goes directly to the Editor. If it's not running, Jing will launch Snagit for you and put the image into the Editor.
- If you don't have Snagit, you are prompted with an option to download a fully-functional, 30-day trial.
Want to learn more about Snagit's special capture abilities, like scrolling web capture; editing features, such as fancy edge effects; and integration with applications such as Email and Facebook?
- Watch the above video--it's tailored for a Jing user's perspective.
- Check out the Snagit product page, where you can also get a fully functional 30-day trial.
- Visit the Snagit Learning Center, where there are dozens of tutorials to help you achieve anything in Snagit.