Add TechSmith Knowmia Media to a Brightspace Course
When the Brightspace Administrator completes the TechSmith Knowmia LTI integration, the option to add content from your Knowmia library course is now within Brightspace.
To add Knowmia content:
- Open the Course in Brightspace.
- Open a module folder.
- Assign the module Quiz reporting options.
- Add the Knowmia media to the module folder.
Choose The Brightspace Course Synced Up to Knowmia Integration
- Log into Brightspace.
- Choose the course to add Knowmia media to.
- From the course menu, click Content.
- Open the module to add Knowmia media to.
- From the Existing Activities dropdown menu, select TechSmith Knowmia.
Note: This name is set by your Brightspace administrator and may vary.
- The Knowmia Library opens. You can now add media to the Library.
Note: Your media is now linked to your Brightspace Module. When a student opens the module, they can view the media content and complete any quizzes.
Add Knowmia Media To The Newly Created Brightspace Course Module
There are four ways to add Knowmia Media to the newly created Brightspace Course Module:
- Record a New Video with Knowmia Recorder
- Choose an Existing Media File
- Add Media as a Conversation
- Add an Entire Folder of Content
1. Record a New Video with TechSmith Capture
Quickly record anything on your screen or webcam with TechSmith Capture. Highlights include:
- Videos are ready for viewing immediately after upload.
- The ability to record specific regions of your screen, as well as full-frame webcam videos.
- Switch between the screen and webcam while recording.
- Lightweight installation on any machine.
- Launch a new recording directly from your LMS.
To record with Knowmia Recorder, click Launch Recorder. For more information, see Record Your First Video.
2. Choose an Existing Media File
To add an existing media file, click the Add Media button.
3. Add Media as a Conversation
The Conversations feature allows content creators to collaborate, review, and discuss a video with others. The Conversations feature aligns written comments and drawn annotations with specific points in the video, making reviews quick and easy.
- Enhance student engagement with course content.
- Improve student-to-student interactions.
- Increase an instructor's social presence.
- Streamline the content review process.
Add Video as a Conversation
- To add media as a conversation, enable the Add Conversation option.
- Click Add Media. Choose desired video.
- For more information, see Add a Conversation to a Video.
4. Add an Entire Folder of Content
To add an entire folder of media, including any subfolders, click the Add Folder button.
Note: No quiz scoring is reported to the Brightspace gradebook if an entire media folder is selected. For more information on adding folders to your course, including frequently asked questions, see this support article.
Once an assignment has been completed, allow up to one hour for complete and accurate data to be synchronized between Knowmia and the Brightspace gradebook.
Knowmia Quiz Report Details
A single piece of Knowmia content can report a quiz score in two different ways:
- If the Knowmia media content contains a quiz with questions, the quiz results can be sent back to the Brightspace gradebook. Points are awarded based on the percentage of correct answers.
- If the Knowmia media content has no quiz questions, enable this option to have points assigned to it according to the percentage of the video watched.
Example: A student watches 80% of the Knowmia video. Knowmia reports a score of 8/10 to the Brightspace gradebook.
- If an entire folder of media is selected, no quiz score is reported.
- Knowmia reported scores can be manually overwritten in the Brightspace gradebook.
- Once a student completes a quiz, allow up to one hour for quiz scores to be synchronized between Knowmia and the Brightspace gradebook.
Choose Quiz Options
- Scroll down to the Evaluation section.
- Select Yes for Enable Evaluation.
- Set the number of Points Possible.