You can add an audio note to any video clip, title clip or graph in the Storyboard. By adding audio notes, your highlight videos can stand on their own, without someone speaking in person through the issues you see. Use highlight videos with audio notes to supplement a written report.
See the following topics for more information:
- Quick Tips About Audio Clips
- Switch Microphones and Adjust the Volume of Audio Notes
- Add Notes to a Graph
- By default, the system microphone is used for audio notes in Morae Manager, but you can switch audio sources so you can use a specific microphone. This procedure is listed below.
- Audio notes added to tasks carry through to video clips created from those tasks. For example, if you added an audio note to a task in Analyze and then switch to Present and create a video clip from that task, the audio is automatically part of the video clip.
- If you do not want to include the audio note from the task in the highlight video, you can clear it and/or record another audio note for the video clip.
- There are two possible audio tracks for any video clip:
- Original audio track: the audio track from the recording plays during the video clip. In most situations, you may want the original audio track from the recording to play during the Video Clip. To play silence during the video clip, disable the Use original audio option.
- Audio note track: the audio note track plays prior to the video clip. The video clip remains still until the audio note track finishes playing.
In Morae Manager, audio notes for markers, tasks, clips, and graphs are recorded using the system's default microphone. This microphone selection and its volume cannot be adjusted from within Manager. If you are having difficulty recording audio notes, check that the system default microphone is set to the one you are using during recording.
To adjust your system's default microphone settings:
- Go to Windows Start > Control Panel > Sound. The Sound dialog box appears.
- Choose the Recording tab.
- In the Recording group box, select the microphone from the list of devices to use for recording audio notes in Manager.
- To adjust the volume for this microphone, click on the Properties button in the Sound group box. Select the Levels tab, and use the volume slider to increase or decrease the volume.
- Click OK.
To add an audio note to a graph:
- Right-click on a graph in the Project pane and choose Properties. The Graph Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Playback tab, click the Record button to begin recording the audio note.
- When the recording is complete, click the Stop button .
- Click the Play button to play back your audio note.
- To clear an audio note, click the Clear Audio Note button. The note is erased immediately.
- Click OK.