Change the Communication Port in Observer
In some cases, Recorder and Observer cannot connect on the default communication port (5555). In this case, the study configuration in Recorder and the communication port in Observer must be set to an alternative port number.
If you change the port in Recorder, all observers must set the same port to connect. Make sure to give the port number to all potential observers.
To use an alternative port:
- Contact your system administrator to determine which port to use.
- In Recorder, select Tools > Preferences.
- When the Preferences dialog opens, select Change Ports... in the Observer Communication Ports field.
- Enter the port number, and click OK.
- Open Observer. In the Connect to Recorder dialog, click Change Port. Enter the new port number.
- Click Test Port to verify that you can connect to Recorder with this port.
- Click Restore Default to return to the default port (5555).
- Click OK to apply the selected port and return to the Connect to Recorder dialog.
If you have any problems with connecting on an alternative port, please contact the person who set up the session and your system administrator.