Create a Test Recording
A test recording includes all of the data streams for the Capture Options defined in the study configuration. A message appears describing any problems with the current configuration so you can correct them prior to beginning an actual recording session.
When the 15-second test recording is complete, the screen video, camera video, Picture in Picture (PIP), and/or audio streams immediately play back. The test playback confirms if Recorder is accurately capturing the video and audio. This test also silently checks the other configuration settings.
A Test Recording does not confirm Recorder Start and Stop Option settings.
To Run a Test Recording:
- Click the Test Recording button in the Recorder toolbar.
- A dialog box appears asking if you want to continue with the test recording. Click Yes.
- The Recorder UI minimizes to a tray icon. The test recording begins immediately and proceeds for 15 seconds.
The Recording in progress message appears in the Preview pane and the status bar confirms a recording is being made.
- During the test recording, create some sound and activity for Recorder to capture (i.e., speak into the microphone, move the mouse or open windows on the computer, and wave at any cameras).
- At the end of the 15 seconds, the test video plays back and includes the screen and/or camera video, and audio from the temporary test file.
When the playback is complete, the window closes automatically. The test recording is not saved for later viewing.
- If you are satisfied with the test recording and have not received any error messages, proceed to record with the selected settings.
Because Video and Audio Sources are affected by the hardware connected to the computer when Recorder opens, create a test recording to verify the selected sources prior to recording start.