Create Video Clips
Use video clips to isolate sections of your recordings that contain important activity you want to include in a highlight video.
In Manager you can create, play, and edit an unlimited number of video clips from each recording. Create video clips during your analysis for later use in your highlight video.
See the following topics for more information:
- Create a Video Clip on the Timeline
- Create a Video Clip by Dragging a Task
- Work with the Camera Video Picture-in-Picture
- In the Project pane, click on a recording.
- Move the playhead to the starting point for your video clip and click the Selection Start button .
- Move the playhead to the ending point for your video clip and click the Selection End button .
- Click the Play to Selection button to view the selected section.
- Click the Create Video Clip button . The Video Clip Properties dialog box appears.
- Click OK. The video clip appears on the timeline.
Click Create Video Clip to create a 30-second video clip that uses the playhead location for the selection start.
This method only applies creating video clips in the Present tab.
Click a task in the Project pane and drag it to the Clip Bin. The task appears in the Clip Bin and in the Video Clips folder in the Project pane.
If you drag a task directly to the Storyboard, a video clip is not added to the Clip Bin. To store a copy of this video clip, select it in the Storyboard and drag it to the Clip Bin. A copy is created there and in the Video Clips folder.
For each video clip, you can include the camera video as a Picture-in-Picture (PiP) image over the main video. You can use a default PiP location and size for every video clip in the highlight video, or you can customize the PiP location and size on for each clip.
Set default Camera Video PiP location, size, and opacity
The options in the Edit Default PiP Position dialog box define the camera video PiP options that apply to all new video clips you create. In this box, choose to show or hide the camera video PiP and determine the default location and size of the camera video PIP over the screen video.
- Select a task or recording in the Project pane.
- Choose Edit > Default PiP Position. The Edit Default PiP Position dialog box appears:
The PiP size and location set are the default for any new video clips.
You can customize the PiP size and location for each clip by right-clicking on the clip and choosing Properties.