Lesson 2: Modify the Configuration
When you create a new study configuration, the Default Study provided with Recorder opens. Modify the Default Study to match your study objectives.
In this lesson we will cover:
The Study Details define the following:
- Study name and description
- Satisfaction Survey
To modify a study configuration:
- In Recorder, click Modify Study Details.
- Click the Task Definitions tab. This tab contains options to modify the tasks. The Default Study contains 20 tasks.
- Assume that you only need five tasks in your study. Click the Delete button to remove 15 of the default tasks.
Keep clicking the Delete button to quickly delete multiple tasks.
- Select a task and click the Edit button . Change the name and description of Task 1.
You can also double-click in the Name and Description columns to edit the task definition.
- Click the Marker Definitions tab. This tab contains options to modify the markers. Markers are used during a session to log where an event (such as “user needs help” or “error”) occurs.
- Click the Add button to create a new marker.
- Select a color and type (letter) and add a description to define the marker. Observers can use <CTRL+[letter]> as a keyboard shortcut to log tasks in Observer, where [letter] is the letter assigned in the Type column.
- Click the Satisfaction Survey Definition tab.
- Check the Include survey to deliver to participant at the end of the session box to include a survey in the study. Surveys can include either pre-defined System Usability Scale (SUS) questions or your own questions.
- Click OK to close the Study Setup dialog box.
Continue with the next lesson: Finish the Configuration