View Your Notes and Markers Right After a Session
After observing and logging a session, you may want to have quick access to the notes and markers you created during the session. Use the following procedures to save and view your markers and notes.
Save Your Notes and Markers
- Prior to a session, open Observer and verify that Save Copy of Log (to disk) in the Marker menu is selected.
- Proceed with the session, logging markers and notes.
- After you disconnect from the session, you are prompted to save your log. Browse to the location to save your log and click Save. The file is saved as a .txt file which is a text only file.
View Your Notes and Markers
You can open your log as plain text in a program such as Microsoft® Word® or Microsoft® Notepad, or for easier viewing, as a table in Microsoft Excel®.
To open a .txt file in Excel:
- Open Excel and choose File > Open.
- Choose Text Files in the Files of type dropdown list.
- Select the file you want to open and click Open. A message appears that Excel does not recognize the file format. Click OK to continue.
- Follow the steps in the Text Import wizard.
The log opens in Excel.