Maintain Privacy Using the Blur Tool
Before sharing your captures, you may want to hide or remove any personal information such as usernames, passwords, email addresses, faces, etc. Snagit offers several ways to protect your privacy in the content you create and share.
Blur an Area
There are two blur options in Snagit Editor:
- Smooth Blur: Reduces the details in a capture similar to viewing through an out-of-focus lens. Use to apply depth or to blur the details in sensitive information.
- Pixelate Blur: Covers up an area with a set of large square pixels. Use to mask faces or sensitive information in an image.
- Select Snagit Editor > Tools tab > Blur Tool > Smooth button or Pixelate button.
- To adjust the blur intensity percentage, click the dropdown on the Smooth or Pixelate button.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw the blur.
Cover Up an Area
- On the Tools tab, select the Shape tool.
- From the Outline dropdown, select No Outline.
- From the Fill dropdown, select the Select Color From Image option.
- Use the color picker to select a color from the image.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw over the area to hide.
Extend an Area
- On the Tools tab, select the Selection tool.
- Click and drag to select an area similar to the area you want to cover up.
- Press Control+C to copy the selected area.
- Press Control+V to paste the selection. Click and drag the pasted selection to line it up with the area to cover up.