Access and Share Files with My Places
My Places allows you to set up shortcut locations to quickly import, export, or share your captures to a cloud storage destination.
OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is a place where you can store, sync, and share your work files. In Snagit version 12.3, add OneDrive for Business as a destination in My Places to:
- Access your files from any computer or device.
- Share files with your coworkers for collaboration.
- Send a link to quickly communicate or to get feedback from others.
Note: OneDrive for Business accounts are different from OneDrive accounts. OneDrive accounts are intended for personal storage separate from your workplace. OneDrive accounts are not supported at this time.
Privacy in OneDrive for Business
The files are private until shared from the Share options located on the OneDrive for Business site. In the Share options, you can:
- Share files with everyone in your organization by placing it in the Share with Everyone folder.
- Share files with specific co-workers by name or by email.
- Set who can view or edit the files.
- Share with others outside of your organization depending on your company’s privacy settings.
Complete the following to set up a shortcut to OneDrive for Business in My Places:
- Select one of the following in Snagit Editor:
- File > Import from My Places.
- File > Export to My Places.
- Share tab > Manage My Places.
- You may be prompted to sign in to your TechSmith Account.
- Click the Add button.
- Click OneDrive for Business.
- Enter an email and password.
- Click Sign in.
The shortcut location is added to My Places.
Import from OneDrive for Business
Whether you are working from a different computer or device or need to collaborate with a coworker, you can quickly import images or videos from OneDrive for Business into Snagit.
- In Snagit Editor, select File > Import from My Places.
You may be prompted to sign in to your TechSmith Account.
- Select a location from My Places.
If you do not have any locations in My Places or to import from a new location, see Add a Place.
- Browse to select the file to import.
- Click Import.
The file opens in the tray and on the canvas in Snagit Editor.
Share to OneDrive for Business
- Click to select a file to share in the tray.
- In Snagit Editor, select Share tab > My Places.
- Select a location from the dropdown.
If you do not have any locations in My Places or to share to a new location, see Add a Place.
- Enter a file name.
- Click Share.
The capture uploads to the selected My Places location. A link to the file is copied to the Clipboard.