If you regularly add information about your capture when you share it--like the application captured, its build version, or your operating system--then you can save time by using Snagit’s Capture Info Effect.
You can manually apply the Capture Info Effect to image captures in Snagit Editor, but to save the most time, create a capture preset to automatically add the information to your image.
Create a Capture Info Preset
- Open the Snagit Capture Window and go to the Image Tab.
- Choose a Selection type. Region capture is a flexible choice that lets you select parts of your screen or capture the whole thing.
- Under Effects, select Capture Info.
Click the gear next to the dropdown to manage the properties.
Toggle on what you want to capture.
Type in any custom text you want to include (e.g. your initials, company name).
- Select a share destination from the dropdown if you want to automatically send your captures to the same place, or select None (with Preview in Editor toggled on) to decide after you take your capture.
- Save these settings by clicking on the plus button, and selecting New preset from current settings.
- Name your preset and assign it a hotkey.
Take Your Capture
With Snagit open, launch a capture by pressing the hotkey you assigned your preset, or by expanding the Preset panel in the capture window and clicking the capture button next to your preset.
Tip: You can apply this effect from Snagit Editor to individual photos by going to the Effects pane, then selecting Capture Info.
We cover the essentials in these Getting Started tutorials. Learn the basics in less than 30 minutes!
Quickly Capture Your Screen
A timely image capture shared with the right people can drastically improve communication.
Working With the Canvas
Build your own impressive graphics from scratch using the tools found in Snagit Editor.
Share Your Media
Export images and videos in the file format you need to the destination you want.
Intro to Video
Record your screen, webcam, or switch between the two to create a compelling video.
Take your Snagit skills to the next level with tutorials that cover advanced capture, editing tools, and more!
TechComm & Training
Get started with video in your training and technical documentation.
10 Ways to Make Better-Looking Visuals for Your Technical Guide
Learn 10 ways to make better screenshots.
How to Document a Process with Video
Learn how to document any computer process by creating an “off-the-cuff” video tutorial.
Maintain Visual Consistency in Your Documentation
Learn how to style graphics so that all your visuals reinforce and leverage your brand.
Get more out of Snagit with integrations and companion apps.