Please see the tutorial on Quick Style Themes to learn how to quickly export sets of quick styles for easy sharing.
In this tutorial, we'll walk through how to transfer styles from prior versions to Snagit 13.
Build a SNAG File to Share Styles
Build a .snag file to share your custom styles between computers or with others. The .snag file automatically saves the properties of the objects on the canvas, so you don't have to remember any of the specific settings.
- Open the version of Snagit Editor that contains the styles that you want to share.
- Select File > New. Make sure to select a canvas size that can fit all of the styles.
- Select a tool and then choose a Quick Style from the properties. Or, set up a new Quick Style. To learn how, see the Add a Quick Style help topic.
- Add or draw the style on the canvas.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have added all the styles you want to share.
- Select File > Save As.
- Enter a file name and select the SNAG file format.
- Click Save.
Transfer Styles Into Snagit
After creating the .snag file with the desired styles, you can transfer the styles from the .snag file into your current version of Snagit.
- Open the .snag file in the current version of Snagit.
- Right-click on a style on the canvas and select Add to Quick Styles.
Snagit adds the style to the bottom of the Quick Styles for the selected tool.
Add Styles from Previous Versions
We cover the essentials in these Getting Started tutorials. Learn the basics in less than 30 minutes!
Quickly Capture Your Screen
A timely image capture shared with the right people can drastically improve communication.
Working With the Canvas
Build your own impressive graphics from scratch using the tools found in Snagit Editor.
Share Your Media
Export images and videos in the file format you need to the destination you want.
Intro to Video
Record your screen, webcam, or switch between the two to create a compelling video.
Take your Snagit skills to the next level with tutorials that cover advanced capture, editing tools, and more!
Get more out of Snagit with integrations and companion apps.