Maintain Privacy in Your Captures
Before sharing your captures, you may want to hide or remove any personal information such as usernames, passwords, email addresses, faces, etc. Snagit offers several ways to protect your privacy in the content you create and share.
Maintain Privacy in Image Captures
In Snagit Editor, use the following tools to hide or mask sensitive information in image captures:
Blur an Area
- In Snagit Editor, select Tools tab > Blur Tool.
- To adjust the blur intensity, drag the Blur slider in the properties.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw the blur.
Cover Up an Area
- On the Tools tab, select the Shape tool and then select a style from the Styles Gallery.
- In the Properties, select the No line option from the Line style dropdown.
- Click the color picker in the properties.
- Move the color picker over the color to match on the canvas. Click to select the color.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw over the area to hide.
Extend an Area
- In Snagit Editor, select the Tools tab > Selection tool.
- Click and drag to select an area similar to the area you want to cover up.
- Press Command-C to copy the selected area on the canvas.
- Press Command-V to paste the selection. Click and drag the pasted selection to line it up with the area to cover up.