Get a Link to Share a Capture
The best way to quickly share your captures anywhere is by sharing a link.
Use one of Snagit's outputs (Screencast.com, YouTube, or Google Drive) to upload an image or video capture and copy a link onto the Clipboard. You can paste the URL into an email, instant message, social media, or another application for quick sharing.
When to Use a Link to Share
- Use to replace a long write-up in an email with a link to an image or video showing the issue or feedback.
- Use when there is a limited number of characters allowed such as in a comments field or in a tweet.
- Use a link instead of an attachment when the image or video has a large file size.
- Use when you cannot embed or attach multimedia content such as in a presentation, lecture, comment field, or spreadsheet.
- Use to share information when access to the actual content is not available because it is on a private network or the content is not published.
Snagit Outputs that Provide a Link
The following outputs copy a link to the Clipboard when you share an image or video capture.
||Uploads Image Captures
||Uploads Video Captures
| Google Drive
Share a Capture Using a Link
- In Snagit Editor, click one of the following output buttons: Screencast.com, YouTube, or Google Drive Output.
- The capture uploads to the selected output. When the link is ready to share, a message appears.
Note: You may not be able to playback a video immediately from the link. Videos may take additional time to process.
- Press Command-V to paste the link into an open email, document, instant message, or application.
Keep in mind that people other than your intended audience may also be able to view the content if they have the URL. For privacy considerations, see Maintain Privacy in Your Captures.