One of the great things about Snagit is that you can capture images that go beyond your screen using scrolling capture. For example, you can capture an entire Facebook thread, a map, spreadsheet, and so forth.
Snagit has three types of scrolling image capture:
- Automatic Scrolling Capture
- Panoramic Capture
- Webpage Capture
Automatic Scrolling Capture
Most of the time, this will do the trick. Start a capture and hover the crosshairs over different windows. If Snagit detects that it can perform a scrolling capture, you see one or more yellow bouncing arrows. Click an arrow and watch Snagit grab everything in the given direction.
What if you don’t want to capture everything? Maybe just a few pages of a PDF, part of a lengthy chat window, or a portion of a long web page? With Panoramic capture, you’re in charge of what you capture.
Set Up a Panoramic Capture
- From the Capture Window, select the Image tab.
- In the Selection dropdown, choose the Panoramic option.
Take a Panoramic Capture
- Click Capture button.
- Click and drag to make a selection.
- Click the Start button.
- Drag the scroll bars or manually pan to scroll the content within the selection.
- Click Stop, and after a short delay, Snagit opens your capture in the Snagit Editor.
Panoramic capture lets you capture exactly what you want, even irregular areas. Once you click Start, Snagit captures anything that passes through the selected area.
Above: A scaled-down example of using Panoramic capture to capture a portion of data and graph in a huge spreadsheet.
If you want to capture a whole webpage, the best way is to use the Webpage option.
- In the Capture window, choose Webpage from the Selection dropdown.
- Click the Capture button.
- Type or paste the URL into the Capture Web Page dialog. After a short delay, the captured webpage appears in Snagit Editor.
Tip: You can also capture a website by dragging the address icon (circled below) onto the Snagit icon.
We cover the essentials in these Getting Started tutorials. Learn the basics in less than 30 minutes!
Quickly Capture Your Screen
A timely image capture shared with the right people can drastically improve communication.
Working With the Canvas
Build your own impressive graphics from scratch using the tools found in Snagit Editor.
Share Your Media
Export images and videos in the file format you need to the destination you want.
Intro to Video
Record your screen, webcam, or switch between the two to create a compelling video.
Take your Snagit skills to the next level with tutorials that cover advanced capture, editing tools, and more!
Get more out of Snagit with integrations and companion apps.