Maintain Privacy in Your Captures
In Snagit Editor, you can hide or mask sensitive information in a capture such as a username, password, email address, personal information, etc.
Blur an Area
- On the Tools tab, select the Blur tool.
- Click and drag on the canvas to select the area to blur.
- Drag the slider in the Properties pane to adjust the amount of the blur.
- To move the blur, click and drag within the blur.
- To resize the blurred area, click to select the blurred area and drag a handle.
Cover Up an Area
- On the Tools tab, select the Shape tool.
- Select the fill color, border color, shape, and opacity from the Properties.
- Click the color picker to match an exact color in the capture.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw over the area to hide.
Extend an Area
- On the Tools tab, select the Selection tool.
- Click and drag to select an area similar to the area you want to
- Press Command-C to copy the selected area.
- Press Command-V to paste the selection. Click and drag the pasted
selection to line it up with the area to cover.
- Press Command-Plus to zoom in for precision.
Crop Out an Area
The Crop button permanently removes any portions of the capture outside of the highlighted area on the canvas.
- Snagit only crops flattened objects on the canvas. To flatten an object, click to select the object and select Edit > Flatten.
- Drag the canvas handles in to remove the unwanted portion of the capture.
- Click the Crop button.