Share to Screencast.com
Screencast.com is an image and video hosting service from TechSmith. Screencast.com provides a URL for easy sharing to your audience and an embed code for embedding the capture on a website or blog.
Use the Screencast.com output to:
- Collaborate quickly on projects without slowing down to save and open attachments.
- Avoid concerns over viruses, file sizes, or incompatibilities.
- Use visuals in places that don't accept attachments (e.g. blog comments, forum posts, Twitter).
- Collect a library of visual examples; view them from any computer.
- Gather comments on your capture, control who sees the capture, offer an RSS feed, and more with Screencast.com's additional features.
Share to Screencast.com
- Click the Screencast.com output button or select Share >
- The Screencast.com Sign In dialog appears if you have not set your
Screencast.com account settings in the Preferences.
- If you have not previously shared to Screencast.com, select Create a new account.
- If you have previously shared to Screencast.com, select Use my existing account and enter your Email and Password. Click Sign In.
- Snagit Uploads the capture onto Screencast.com. When the upload is complete, a message appears informing you that the capture link or embed code is on the clipboard, ready for pasting and sharing into an email, instant message, or another location. Press Command-V to paste your capture.
Customize the Screencast.com Account Settings
You can customize, save, and set up multiple Screencast.com accounts from the Output Preferences dialog.
- Select the More Outputs button and click the Output Preferences
- Click the Screencast.com option. The Screencast.com output settings appear below.
- Click Sign In to set up an account username and password. Select Save Password in Keychain to remember this account. Click Sign In.
- From the Clipboard Contents dropdown, select one of the following
- URL: Provides the Screencast.com URL after uploading to allow you to quickly paste the URL for sharing.
- HTML Embed Code: Provides the embed code after uploading to embed the capture on a website or blog.
- Select the Folder to upload the capture into. Snagit is the default folder.
- To allow users to comment on the capture, enable the Allow commenting on Screencast.com option.
- Close the Preferences dialog.
Snagit remembers these account settings. To share a capture with these settings, click the Screencast.com output button above the Open Captures Tray.