Watermark an Image
Adding a watermark is a common way of identifying images and discouraging unauthorized use online. Learn how to overlay text, a logo, or copyright information as a watermark over an image capture.
- In Snagit Editor, click Show Zoom Controls to display the
dimensions of the image capture.
- Select File > New.
- Enter the dimensions of the original image into the Width and Heigh fields and click OK.
- On the Tools tab, click to select the Callout tool.
- Click to select the text style.
- Click and drag a text box across the canvas.
- Enter the desired copyright text.
- Double-click to highlight the text.
- In the properties, click the Font button.
- The Fonts dialog appears. Edit the font, size, style, color, and brightness (transparency) within the dialog.
- To rotate the text box, click and drag the green handle on the
- Select Edit > Copy.
- Click to select the image capture you want to add the watermark to in the tray.
- Select Edit > Paste.
- Click and drag the text box to position it on the canvas.