Maintain Privacy in Your Captures
In Snagit Editor, you can hide or mask sensitive information in an image capture such as a username, password, email address, personal information, faces, etc.
Blur an Area
- Smooth Blur: Reduces the details in a capture similar to viewing through an out-of-focus lens. Use to apply depth or to blur the details in sensitive information.
- Pixelate Blur: Covers up an area with a set of large square pixels. Use to mask faces or sensitive information in an image.
- Select Snagit Editor > Tools tab > Blur tool > Smooth button or Pixelate button.
- To adjust the blur intensity percentage, click the dropdown on the Smooth or Pixelate button.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw the area to blur.
Cover Up an Area
- On the Tools tab, select the Shape tool.
- From the Outline dropdown, select No Outline.
- From the Fill dropdown, select the Select Color From Image option.
- Use the color picker to select a color from the image.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw over the area to hide.
Extend an Area
- On the Draw tab, select the Selection tool.
- Click and drag to select an area similar to the area you want to cover.
- Press Control + C to copy the selected area.
- Press Control + V to paste the selection. Click and drag the pasted
selection to line it up with the area to cover.