Share to Screencast.com
Screencast.com is an image and video hosting service from TechSmith. Screencast.com provides a URL for easy sharing to your audience and an embed code for embedding the capture on a website or blog.
Use the Screencast.com output to:
- Collaborate quickly on projects without slowing down to save and open attachments.
- Avoid concerns over viruses, file sizes, or incompatibilities.
- Use visuals in places that don't accept attachments (e.g. blog comments, forum posts, Twitter).
- Collect a library of visual examples; view them from any computer.
- Gather comments on your capture, control who sees the capture, offer an RSS feed, and more with Screencast.com's additional features.
Share to Screencast.com
- On the Share tab, click the Screencast.com button.
- The Output to Screencast.com dialog appears if you have not stored your login information. Enter your Email address and Password and click Send.
- Snagit uploads your capture to Screencast.com. When the upload is complete, a message appears informing you that the capture link or embed code is on the clipboard, ready for pasting and sharing into an email, instant message, or another location. Press CTRL+V to paste the URL to your capture into another program.
Customize the Screencast.com Account Settings
- On the Share tab, click the Screencast.com button dropdown and
- The Screencast.com Output Options dialog appears. Enable the Always use this sign-in information and enter your Email address and Password to remember your account settings.
- Select the Folder to upload the capture into. Snagit is the default folder.
- To allow users to comment on the capture, enable the Allow comments to be posted option.
- Select one of the following Clipboard options:
- Put URL on the Clipboard: Provides the Screencast.com URL after uploading to allow you to quickly paste the URL for sharing.
- Put URL with thumbnail on the Clipboard: Provides the Screencast.com URL of the capture after uploading to allow you to quickly paste the URL plus a thumbnail preview of the capture for sharing.
- Put HTML embed code on the Clipboard: Provides the embed code after uploading to embed the capture on a website or blog.
- Click Save.
Snagit remembers these account settings. To share a capture with these settings, click the Screencast.com output button on the Share tab.