Streamlining with Capture Profiles
Video topics include:
0:05 – What is a capture profile?
0:15 – Pre-installed profiles
1:14 – Capture profiles from older versions of Snagit
1:22 – Profile demonstration
1:40 – Create your own profile
Profiles are a set of saved capture settings. Snagit includes several pre-configured profiles to help you begin capturing quickly. You can create your own custom profiles and assign hotkeys to fit your specific capture needs.
A profile consists of a capture mode, capture type, effects, and sharing destination.
A list of profiles appears in OneClick and the classic capture window.
- Capture Profiles
The All-in-One image, video, and text profiles provide the flexibility to capture the entire screen, a window, an area of the screen, or a scrolling region (image and text only) all from a single profile.
- Time-Saving Profiles
Time-saving profiles include frequently-used capture tasks such as delayed capture, sharing a video directly to Screencast.com, and more.
- My Profiles
Are you taking the same type of captures repeatedly? Does your organization have required standards for all captures? Set up your own custom profiles.
- Profiles from Previous Versions
If you have a previous version of Snagit installed on your computer, the profiles are automatically imported into Snagit during installation.
Take a Capture Using a Profile
- Open or set up what you want to capture.
- Select a profile in OneClick or in the classic capture window.
- Click the Capture.
Assign a Hotkey to a Profile
You can assign a custom hotkey to each profile. Hotkeys allow you to:
- Quickly switch between commonly-used profiles.
- Maintain the cursor's position on the screen.
- Take captures without interacting with the Snagit interface.
- In OneClick, click the Profiles button.
- Click within the Hotkey field for the profile you want to assign a hotkey.
- Press the key combination for the hotkey on the keyboard.
The field updates with the key combination entered.
Create a New Profile
- In OneClick, click the Classic Capture Window button.
- Click to select a profile in the Profiles pane.
- Select the desired capture type, effect(s), output, and capture mode settings.
- Click the Save as New Profile button.
- The New Profile Name dialog appears. Select a profile group to save the new profile within or click the Add Group button to create a new profile group.
- Enter a name for the new profile into the Name field.
- Click Save.