Distribute the Portable Recorder
Provide the portable recorder to presenters if there is any reason that presenters cannot (or should not) record and upload directly from the presentation computer. For example:
- Presenters record on computers where they do not have permission to install applications.
- Presenters record on computers that have limited or no network access.
- You want to collect the presentations and upload them collectively at a later time.
Portable Recorder Access Options
Administrators can decide how they would like presenters to access the portable recorder. Go to System > System Options to set the Portable Recorder Download option.
Prepare Portable Recorder for Presenters
If you choose to have presenters contact an administrator to receive a portable recorder, install the TechSmith Relay portable recorder on a mobile storage device and distribute it to presenters. Use the following process to install the portable recorder on a mobile storage device, such as a USB drive.
- Plug in a mobile storage device and format the device as FAT32.
- Click Download Portable Recorder and save the ZIP file to your computer.
- Locate and open PortableTechSmithRecorder.zip.
- Copy all files from the ZIP file onto the mobile storage device.