The Portable Recorder
The portable recorder allows you to record from any computer, anywhere. Use it to record presentations on a guest’s computer, or on machines where you’re not allowed to install software.
Downloading the Portable Recorder
1. Log into your TechSmith Relay website and select More from the Download Recorders tab.
2. Download the portable recorder and transfer it to a portable storage device (such as a USB stick) with a minimum of 4GB free space.
Note: Your TechSmith Relay administrator may not have opted to make the portable recorder available. In this case, you will not see it listed on this page.
1. Plug the storage device into any computer.
2. Open TechSmith Relay from the portable storage device.
3. Enter your information, and record.
4. When you’re finished, the button that in the standard recorder says “Submit” instead says “Save” in the portable recorder. This lets you know that you’re saving to the drive, not submitting directly to the server.
Submitting Your Recording
1. Bring your portable drive to a computer that already has the regular TechSmith Relay recorder installed. This is needed in order for the upload process to work properly.
2. Open the portable recorder from your storage device. TechSmith Relay will open, and let you know that it found saved presentations on the drive. You can choose to:
- Cancel (select this if you'd like to make additional recordings)
- Submit All of the presentations to the server for processing
- View the Saved Presentations, to submit or discard them individually:
3. The portable recorder works together with the TechSmith Relay Recorder you have installed on your computer to submit the presentations to the server for processing.