Once a Blackboard Administrator has installed the TechSmith Relay blackboard plugin, you'll be able to add content from your TechSmith Relay library to a course without ever leaving Blackboard. Use the steps below to add media to your Blackboard course and have TechSmith Relay report viewer data back to the Blackboard Results Center.
Add TechSmith Relay Media to Your Blackboard Course
- Log into Blackboard and select the course where you'd like to add TechSmith Relay media.
- From the course home page, click Content.
- Select TechSmith Relay from one of the Content dropdown menus.
For this example, "TSCU TechSmith Relay" is shown in the Tools dropdown, but the name of the menu item and where you find it in the Content section are both determined by your Blackboard administrator, so some variance is likely. Contact your administrator if you have trouble selecting the correct option in this step.
- Name your assignment.
- If you'd like TechSmith Relay quiz results to be sent back to the Blackboard Results Center, scroll down to the evaluation section and select Yes for Enable Evaluation and set the number of Points Possible.
What will be reported?
- If there are TechSmith Relay quiz questions in the video, points will be awarded based on the percentage of correct answers.
- If there are no quiz questions, points will be awarded based on the percentage of the video watched. Example: A student watches 80% of the TechSmith Relay video. TechSmith Relay reports a score of 8/10 to the Results Center.
- If you select an entire folder of media, no grade data will be reported.
- Any score automatically reported by TechSmith Relay can later be manually overwritten in the Results Center.
- When you’re done editing the assignment details, click Submit and Launch.
- Your TechSmith Relay library will load, displaying all available folders and media.
Option A: Add an individual video by clicking the Add Media button.
Option B: Add an entire folder of media (including any subfolders) by clicking the Add Folder button.
Note: No grade data will be reported to the Blackboard Results Center if an entire folder of media is selected. For more information on adding folders to your course, including frequently asked questions, see this support article.
- Your media is now linked to your Blackboard assignment. When a student opens the assignment they will be able to view the media and complete any quizzes.
Once an assignment has been completed, allow up to an hour for complete and accurate data to be synchronized between TechSmith Relay and the Blackboard Results center.
This is the complete list of our tutorials and guides for TechSmith Relay users and administrators.
Looking for TechSmith Relay (Self-Hosted) tutorials? We've got those, too.